Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Living and Dining Room B&F's

Finally, some Before & Afters!

I have been looking forward to seeing all of my Befores in one place, as up till now they have been scattered on my computer, camera, and phone. Of course, I forgot to take pictures before we started bringing boxes in on moving day. I realized it halfway thru, and told Ramsey that I hadn't taken pictures yet . . . "What?! Go take pictures, I'll tell people to stop bringing in boxes!"

Fastest photos ever.

So without further ado, here's the evolution (so far) of the living room and dining rooms. Somehow I just can't separate them in my mind. Maybe because I'm sitting in the dining room right now, but my whole view is living room.




























The rug above is the indoor/outdoor rug I sold this past weekend to buy the new rug. Out with the old, in with the new!















I LOVE Classic Gray. After painting multiple rooms gray in the past, I have finally found my perfect greige and couldn't be happier with my selection. It lightens both rooms up, and is such a nice background for whatever we do with the space. Like fun curtains and art and lighting and maybe, just maybe, some pillows I don't mind landing on the floor every day to build forts.

And what's that? No, your eyes do not deceive you! I ordered our new living room rug from RugsUSA (70% + 20% off is still going on now) on Monday, and it arrived today to be part of this before and after post!

This is the second real grown up rug I have ever owned. The first was a beautiful gray chevron rug from West Elm that I saved and saved for and loved very much. And then we found out that Sophia had dust mite allergies. And the rug had such lovely thick pile that was too difficult to keep as dust free as we wanted, so out it went. The only rugs I am comfortable having in the house are those that are woven instead of pile.

Our new rug is super cozy, despite being woven instead of having pile to it. As soon as I unrolled it Dawson lay his face right on it, giving me huge grins all the while. The little guy seal of approval!






I think there is some sort of blogging law about taking a picture of your feet on the new rug? Obligatory foot photo, check . . . and now no more shoes on that rug, ever. We are a shoe free house, but you don't want a picture of these pregnant toes!









Love it! Kind of want to mash my face in it a la Dawson, but I'll keep it mature and just enjoy looking at and walking on it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...