Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Teeth and ladybugs

I think I need to start seeing things thru Sophia's eyes.


IMG_9272


Like the stupid fake ladybugs that invade the house every year, those little miniature springtime stinkbombs.  Sophia loves them.

As I try to discreetly vacuum or crush them, she ooo's and ahhh's over each one she finds.  She yells at her brother and cries when he gleefully mashes them, mourning the loss of each little critter like it was her best friend.


IMG_9274


"Look at this little one! Isn't he so cute?!"


IMG_9275


"Come on, little guy.  Oh, look, he's coming to me!"


IMG_9276


Last month Sophia fell and hit her mouth on the kitchen floor (slipped on a Cinderella dress!) and had to go to the dentist for an x-ray.

She was so excited it was hard to keep her calm.  She cried when I told her she had to wait a couple hours, and then kept asking me if it was time to go.  "Firsts" are fun, you know!

"Will I get a surprise?"

We came home with a good report and a full goodie bag, and one very happy little girl.


IMG_9277


I am just not feeling so excited about the dentist these days.  Having to pay for not one, but now TWO root canals and crowns in one month (John and I apparently have to do everything together) . . . unhappy surprises.

In the spirit of being grateful, here's what is good about two root canals:

1.  Weird bonding experience for John and I.  (Remember when we both flooded the bathroom within the same week?  The living room ceiling sure does!)

2.  We have access to a good dentist, and can actually have said root canal unlike a fairly large percentage of the world's population.

3.  Similar to #2, we don't exactly have the money for multiple root canals, but I have a job where I can work a little extra to pay for them.  Being a nurse does come in handy.

4.  Ok, there really isn't a fourth, but three seemed so bare.  Ooo, I know!  The goody bag!  I'll come home with a new toothbrush, the fancy floss, and expired coupons for expensive mouth stuff.  Hmmm, maybe I should ask for the kid bag . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi LAUREL
IT WAS FUN LOOKING AT YOUR FAMILY AND SEE HOW CREATIVE YOU ARE...ANNA IS VERY MUCH LIKE YOU..

HOPE YOU AND JOHN AND FAMILY ARE DOING GOOD.

WISH WE ALL LIVED CLOSER SO I COULD BE A PART OF YOUR LIVES PHYSICALLY...

LOVE, HUGS, PRAYERS,
AUNT JAMMY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...