1. Moby wrap. We use this all the time; at church, going to the library or grocery store, out for a walk in the neighborhood, or puttering around the house when Sophia wants to cuddle and I want to get something done! I tried one of the standard baby carriers, and it hurt my back, so I swear by the Moby.
2. Breastpump. I know, it might be too much information for any guys reading this, but really it promotes sanity. I can get out of the house and John isn't stranded because he can just give the kid a bottle. I don't work outside the home, so I just use a hand pump and pump once every day or two. Pop the milk in the freezer and you're good to go!
3. Bum Genius diapers. I decided before Sophia was born that I would use cloth diapers. I say "I" because John just wanted to do whatever would make me happy and I am the one who has to do 99% of the washing and folding. Which I am perfectly ok with, he works 40 hours a week which I don't want to do! At any rate, I tried the old school prefold diapers with wraps, but that didn't work for me. Others use them and love them, not me. BGs all the way. BTW, I have no problem with disposables, I am just cheap. In the long run, cloth just works out to cost less.
4. One piece snap outfits. Sophia is now in the last size (at least for Carter's) of one piece outfits. I am a lazy mama, at least when it comes to taking clothes on and off to change diapers many times a day. I have LOVED being able to just pop open snaps to change her diaper. I guess when babies move to 18 month clothing (and she is in 12 month now) they are supposed to be wearing big people clothing. I am going to have to give in and dress her in pants and a top, or start making all her clothes!
5. Food processer and ice cube trays. Now that Sophia is eating "real" food, I have been making her purees and freezing them in ice cube trays. In an hour every few weeks I have all of her food made! That is all in an earlier post, but I did want to include it in my list.
6. "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby" by Dr. Marc Weisbluth. The bible of sleep for babies! I don't know what I would have done without it. Thanks to Helene for sending it to me before Sophia was born. I think every mom has their favorite sleep book that has helped them, but for Soph this is it! Actually I think this should be in the #2 slot . . .
Ok, moms (and dads!), how about you? What are your "can't live without" items? Help a new mom out, would you?!