Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Thanks, Mom!

Those of you who know me even a little know that I have a passion for decorating. There isn't much that is more fun to me than planning out and executing a house-beautifying project. Thank God my husband is supportive of these proclivities! But also, thanks to my mother, from whom I got my decorating genes.

My mom is the queen of turning a little into a lot, decor wise. The things she can do with a can of paint are amazing! Although we tease her about the constant rearranging that goes on in the Munsell house, growing up in that house is what gave me any skills in that realm.

And now I have "inherited" the mother lode!

My mom decided to get rid of a ginormous stack of decorating books, and I got first dibs. I'll take them all, thank you very much!!! Hence, I am the proud new owner of this bunch of books:

IMG_5201

So now if you are ever in need of some decorating ideas, stop by the Libby Library and pick out a book or two to borrow for inspiration!

The Five Minute Centerpiece by Jane Newdick
Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House by Cheryl Mendelson
Better Homes and Gardens New Decorating Book (2003)
Better Homes and Gardens Easy Decorating Makeovers
Better Homes and Gardens New Decorating Book (1997)
This Old House: Restoring, Rehabilitating, and Renovating and Older House by Bob Villa
One-of-a-Kind Decorating Projects by Christopher Lowell
If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It by Christopher Lowell
Seven Layers of Design by Christopher Lowell
Farmhouses: Stylish Decorating Ideas for the Classic American Home by Marie Hueston
House Beautiful: Bedrooms
Better Homes and Gardens New Decorating Book (1981, but surprisingly some good stuff . . .)
Candace Olson on Design: Inspiration and Ideas for Your Home
The Essential Guide to Paint and Color
Interior Transformations by Ann Grafton
Martha Stewart's New Old House
Great American Wreaths by Martha Stewart
Better Homes and Gardens Porches and Sunrooms
Better Homes and Gardens Decorating Small Spaces
Flea Market Makeovers: 25 Projects for Fabulous Home Furnishings by BJ Berti
House Beautiful: 750 Designer Secrets (Exclusive Design Ideas from the Pros)
House and Garden's Best in Decoration

1 comment:

Earlybirdmom said...

Your welcome, honey! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...