Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

The One with the Christmas Tree

In the flurry of final Christmas preparation (And I do mean FLURRY . . . we are hosting the Munsell Christmas Eve celebration as of yesterday!), I took a sawzall to our Christmas tree.

It needed it.

Sophia breaking yet another ornament today was the last straw. She came to me carrying the reindeer minus his antlers, and I knew something had to be done.

So I broke out John's new sawzall, chopped off the top of our tree, and put it up on a table. Lots of tape later (the tree holder is a wee bit of a poor fit on the table), our tree has had a chic makeover.

Behold the VERY sad before:

IMG_4903


And after!

IMG_5046


The only ornaments I put back on were the (mostly) unbreakable apples and two strings of lights. Then I added in 18 yards of blue ribbon and the angel . . . done! I'm pretty sure this tree is Sophia proof-ish . . . we shall see.

IMG_5055


IMG_5060


As of yesterday . . . late last night! . . . I am done with my Christmas projects. Sophia modeled this one for me; it is going to a lucky little cousin. She would have been just as happy to keep it, but we are learning about selflessness in the Libby house.
IMG_5042


IMG_5037


If I am not back on here before then, Merry Christmas everyone! I have been saying "Merry Christmas" everywhere I go, and with all of the "Happy Holidays" I feel like quite the rebel.

So again I say . . . MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...