With the arrival of spring weather, I decided to get started making Sophia some hats for the summer. I found a pattern at JoAnn's (on sale for a dollar!) that has patterns for nine different hats in sizes XS to XL. Then Phia (thanks, Connor) and I headed to the Quiltessentials to get some quality fabric.
Last night I cut out the pattern pieces and fabric but because you can make so many different hats (in a variety of sizes) from one pattern, I decided not to cut out the actual pattern. Instead I traced it onto other paper in the size I wanted to make. That way the pattern is intact for when her head grows or I want to make a different kind of hat. Easiest way to trace was to tape the pattern on a glass door, tape paper to trace onto over it, and voila!
This morning I sewed it together, and then we had a photo shoot before lunch. Phia was a very good sport.
And here's the first hat!
This picture doesn't show the hat as well, but I had to include it because it is my favorite.