Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

John is sick yet again with some sort of plague, so I headed out the door to our friend's New Year's Eve party on my own last night.  I stopped by my sister's house to drop off a knee brace (I know, most people loan eggs or sugar to their neighbor around the corner, we do knee braces.) and ever so briefly joked that I might as well stay over at said friend's house, as the kids don't get up until 8 a.m. anyway.  So then Kristin was funny and said "Then it would turn out to be the one night they got the flu," which I thought was a valid point and John is sick, so decided I wouldn't bother pursuing the possibility any further and would just come home after the ball dropped.

On to the party, which was oh-SO-fun . . . . 



IMG_8252



. . . and then home to collapse into bed at 1 a.m.

Which is exactly when I heard the little voice calling "Mama" from the kid's room.

Groan.  

Short internal debate as to whether I should ignore, and then I decided that would be a yucky way to start the new year.  

Turns out, there was still a yucky start.  As in, I got to Sophia's bedside just in time for the retching to start, with no buckety type thing nearby.  Snatched her up and made a little pool of space between us to catch the gallon of undigested mac'n'cheese, and none of it even hit the floor.  I am SUPER grateful that the puke stayed contained, and not all over bed/floor, etc.  

Sicky John got up to help out, Sophia and I dove in the shower cheddar covered clothes and all, and then Sophia proceeded to vomit every half hour the rest of the night.

Happy New Year!



IMG_8264

Cozy blanket, check.  DVD player, check.  Puke bucket, check.



I am thinking that this year is going to be a little bit of "In like a lion, out like a lamb," and am praying that we are starting with the worst.  I know, the saying really applies to the month of March, but it seemed apropos here.  

So here is where our New Year ended up today. . . who knows what else 2013 will bring?  Thank God for His grace, and humor in times of puke.  Cheers!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...