Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Missing the kiddos

IMG_8454


When this is posted, I will be freezing my bum off in New Hampshire.  And I've been so excited about the training, that I haven't really thought too much about the fact that I have never been away from them for more than one night, let alone three full days and two nights.  Ever since Sophia was diagnosed with asthma, John and I have pretty much been glued to home.

What I hadn't really thought about is that the kids are going to miss their mama a whole lot.


IMG_8241


Yesterday at breakfast Sophia was picking at her oatmeal, and looked really sad.  I asked what was wrong, and she just stayed silent.  I didn't want to put words in her mouth, but I finally asked if she was sad that Mama was going away for the weekend.  Big tears started streaming, along with the little I'm-trying-not-to-cry-but-it's-just-not-working pouty lip.

I scooped her up for a cuddle and tried to explain exactly how long I would be gone and what I would be doing . . . and most importantly, when I would be back.  None of it cheered her up too much, so I finally asked if she would like me to wake her up for some snuggle time when I get back Sunday night.  She said yes, and the tears finally came to an end.


IMG_8313

This is why I had to get him some man bling!


All of a sudden I didn't want to go to my training.  The training that I have been eagerly anticipating for a VERY long time.  My first time back to a full weekend training with my team.  SUPER excited.  But in that moment I realized that I was going to miss them a whole lot too.  Of course, it goes without saying that I will miss John . . . what an amazing husband and father, taking it in stride to have the kids by himself this weekend.  Keep him in your prayers!  But you miss your kids differently . . .


IMG_8325


I'll be honest, I'm not the mom who can't stand to be away from their kids for any amount of time.  Sometimes when I am heading out the door I don't think of giving a hug and kiss . . . I'm only going to be gone for a couple hours, no biggie.  I enjoy a break, time to rejuvenate and come back to the kids fresher than I left.  At work I don't think much about home or the kids, too busy taking care of what's in front of me.


IMG_8341

First ever made-only-by-Sophia fort.  Never mind that it is uninhabitable, be impressed.  "Come take a picture, Mama!"


But I think this weekend I will miss these little rugrats a little bit.  Maybe more than a little.  I'm still anticipating my trip, and excited to learn and experience being part of my team again, but I think I'll be pretty happy to come back home again.

IMG_8423

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...