Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Bathroom time!

This morning my thought life was pretty productive.  By the time I ran and showered, I had completely planned out next month's road trip, and also decided that it was time to finally paint the hallway, stairs, and bathroom.  Today.  And tomorrow.  How could I get such a big paint project done in so little time?

Call in the reinforcements.

I happen to know that my mom is just as big of a sucker for a good makeover as I am, and also that she has some pillows that need sewing.  I called her up, and after a little negotiating we decided I will be making covers for her dining room chairs, and she is helping me paint.  Day 1: the trim in hallway, stairway, and bathroom is done.  (Including the devilish banister/railing that runs along the top of our stairs . . . talk about tedious!)  Tomorrow we'll be on to the walls . . . so here's a little sneak peek at the "before" and some bits and pieces that will be making the "after" happen!


IMG_8524



IMG_8525



IMG_8530


It was so exciting to pull up the carpet in the dressing room portion of the bathroom tonight . . . one too many accidents has happened on that carpet.  (TMI?)  Now to get vinyl tiles that match the rest of the bathroom and a moveable/washable area rug.  As well as some new cabinet door pulls, outlet plates, towels, and window/closet coverings (lots and lots of white muslin!).  More to come on the makeover!

1 comment:

swedisheik said...

That "after" is just a teaser, girl! C'mon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...